I’m running the sweet CyanogenMod firmware on my Android phone. Yesterday, Amazon released their Kindle ebook reading software for Android. I installed it, as I’m eventually hoping to buy Mark Frauenfelder’s Made by Hand when it comes out for the Kindle.
Unfortunately, when I downloaded a test chapter for the Kindle, the text was garbled.
The fix? Click here. If you were able to install CyanogenMod on your phone, this fix should be well within your abilities.
Summary of the fix:
- Download the appropriate .zip file to your phone’s SD card. (I’m using an HTC Dream (aka G1 aka Developer Phone) so I used the DS version.)
- Reboot the phone, holding down the “Home” key. This should bring you to “Android System Recovery.
- Select “Flash zip from sdcard.”
- Select the .zip file you downloaded.
- Press the “Home” key to confirm
- Select “Reboot system now.”
Good luck and happy reading!